In recent years, golf has become an increasingly popular sport throughout Trentino. It is a sport suitable for people of any age and sex, which combines relaxation with time spent outdoors and at the same time does not involve a great deal of physical energy.
Accompanied by the Trentino landscape, playing golf in this region means immersing yourself in the environment and enjoying the scenarios that only Trentino can offer.
In particular, summer is the ideal month to play thanks to the particular location of the fields: they are in fact almost entirely located in the mountains, so that the pleasure of playing is combined with that offered by the climate.
There are many types of structures in which it is possible to play golf: they range from driving ranges, places where it is possible to start learning this sport in complete calm and without difficulty, to the regulation courses with nine holes. To finish then with the more experienced who will be able to appreciate the Dolomiti Golf Club, an exceptional 18-hole course located in Sarnonico that has recently hosted a prestigious international competition part of the Alps Tour Golf circuit.
The fields currently present in Trentino are 9.
1. The most important is undoubtedly the aforementioned Dolomiti Golf Club in Sarnonico, one of the most beautiful and difficult on the Alpine circuit. 18 holes and a breathtaking view make this course a real destination for fans of the sector.
2. There are also numerous 9-hole courses, such as the Rendena Golf Club, located near Madonna di Campiglio and fully inserted in the beautiful Adamello-Brenta Natural Park near Bocenago.
3. Particularly appreciated is also the golf course located near Folgaria, in the heart of the Folgaria, Lavarone and Luserna plateau; the route is located in a basin between the mountains at an altitude of 1200 meters above sea level, offering a magnificent spectacle.
4 and 5) Other courses, such as the Campo Carlo Magno Golf Club and the Altogarda Golf, also have relevance from a historical point of view: the first was created in 1923 by Henry Cotton, while the second is the first structure present in the whole area of Alto Garda.
6) The Tesino Golf Club La Farfalla is a 9-hole course near Pieve Tesino located in a particularly inviting hilly area and located at an altitude of 850 meters.
7 and 8) The Break Point Gc and the Roncegno Valsugana Golf Club are instead two 6-hole courses, the first near Pergine Valsugana and the second south of the beautiful center of Roncegno Terme.
9) The Val di Fassa Golf Club instead offers a space dedicated to the driving range in an enchanting landscape on the slopes of Col Rodella, in the heart of the Dolomites.